How Vet Infusion Pumps can reduce Medication Errors
The infusion pump is equipped with an intelligent calculation of the infusion rate by volume, concentration, and weight, which makes the infusion accurate and saves time on manual calculation.
A solution heated to 37 ° C makes the infusion comfortable, effective, and safe.
Only when the infusion pump is switched on does the heating module work.
A Veterinary Infusion Pump can be mounted on almost any surface, which allows the mounting of a “transformer.”
The infusion pump is equipped with an intelligent calculation of the infusion rate by weight, concentration, and volume, which saves time on manual calculation and makes the infusion accurate.
Heating the solution to 37 ° C makes the infusion safe, effective, and comfortable.
The heating module works when the infusion pump is connected to the network.
The infusion pump is particularly suitable for clinical treatment requiring long-term, uniform, and accurate control of the infusion rate and monitoring the infusion process. Also, it can be used in the intensive care unit for therapeutic patients, etc.
Numerous alarms make it easier to administer the infusion (alarm: when the infusion is near, when the infusion is completed, there are bubbles in the pipe, the channel is blocked, the setting error, disconnection from the AC source, low battery, “Open the door”).
A unique infusion pump (per user) equipped with a module for heating the solution functions for calculating the rate of infusion and a wide range of modes for introducing solutions.
Works with infusion lines of any manufacturers.
Features of Veterinary Infusion Pump:
- 3 modes for setting the infusion rate (drops / minute, ml / hour, time / volume).
- Configurable bolus, up to 6 hours of battery life, alarms when air enters the system, exit from a vein or occlusion.
- The infusion pump is equipped with an intelligent calculation of the infusion rate by weight, concentration, and volume, which saves time on manual calculation and makes the infusion accurate.
- Heating the solution to 37 ° C makes the infusion safe, effective, and comfortable.
- The heating module works when the infusion pump is connected to the network.
- Mounting “transformer” allows you to mount the infusion pump on virtually any surface.
- Your dog or cat is sick, and they go to the hospital for animals. Veterinarians prescribe medications for improvement. Veterinary Infusion Pump makes it easy to give medicines to pets.
Know-How Vet Infusion Pumps reduce Medication Errors?
Intelligent infusion pumps have been introduced to avoid medication errors and are widely adopted in the United States.
Although not always used in Europe and other regions.
Despite the widespread use of smart bombs, the error of intravenous administration has not been completely eliminated.
The quality of veterinary assistance must include an indispensable attribute: safety.
This includes concern with the different types of errors or failures so that the patient is not harmed by the assistance that was intended to benefit him.
The quality and safety of the patients reflect the fulfillment of requirements and the way in which the processes are executed, something desired by managers, veterinarians, and users, and which are not always well defined and measured.
Many times there is no synchrony between the needs of those involved, and communication failure can lead to many misunderstandings
Currently, new technologies and innovations have emerged, and that information is available in the market.
Professionals must keep up to date, something that requires great effort, and financial limitations and access to technology can influence the result of the service provided.
In veterinary medicine, little is said about errors in the clinic, in surgery, or in activities related to the diagnosis.
When errors occur, they are hardly documented, discussed, and, much less, analyzed until they reach the cause of them.