You Can Listen to This Article Here
Sexual Dysfunction in Men and Women
Sex is an essential aspect of a relationship. If any partner faces sexual issues, then it can cause a strain in the relationship.
Not many people feel comfortable discussing sexual matters. Things are improving as people are becoming open to discuss sexual issues.
This is important for better treatment to maintain a healthy sex life.
Erectile dysfunction, low libido, STDs, etc. are some sexual disorders.
These can be caused due to physical issues, psychological problems, or STDs. There are many ways in which you can rekindle your sexual experience.
Medication and sexual therapy can do the trick for you. Apart from prescription, you should also follow a healthy lifestyle to get back into the game.
In this article, we have consolidated some significant sexual dysfunctions that you should be aware of.
Sexual dysfunction in women
Sexual dysfunction in women consists of sexual pain, arousal issues, difficulty in orgasm, and many such problems.
Major contributors to these disorders are hormonal changes, stress, anxiety, depression, health conditions, etc.
Let’s understand these in more detail.
- Vaginal dryness: This can be caused due to hormonal changes in menopause. Psychological issues like anxiety, stress, depression, etc. can also cause vaginal dryness. It can cause pain during intercourse and can decrease women’s desire to have sex. You can use lubrication creams to reduce the dryness after consulting your sex therapist.
- Anorgasmia: In this sexual condition, a woman is unable to orgasm. Lack of orgasm can damage the sexual relationship between a couple as a woman might lose her libido. Antidepressant medication can cause this as a side effect. You should consult your doctor if you are facing this issue.
- Pain during intercourse: Pain can happen during intercourse due to less lubrication, STDs, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, or other infections. The doctors are still trying to figure out the real cause behind chronic painful intercourse. Women have also complained about a burning sensation during sex. Consultation is essential in such cases.
- Low libido: Reduction in sexual desire is mainly caused due to psychological factors. Stress, anxiety, depression, fatigue, etc. are some of the factors that can impact libido in women.
Sexual dysfunction in men
Sexual issues faced by men are:
- Erectile dysfunction: In this sexual condition, the man is unable to achieve and maintain an erection for longer durations. Thus, he is unable to satisfy his partner. This problem happens due to a reduction in blood circulation or performance anxiety. Some health conditions like diabetes, stress, anxiety, etc. can also cause this sexual disorder. Majority of the erectile dysfunction cases happen in men who smoke excessively. To improve this condition, you would first have to follow a healthy lifestyle and give up smoking. Consult your sexual therapist and follow his or her medication also.
- Ejaculation disorder: This sexual disorder can be of multiple types. Some men ejaculate before or just after penetration. While some others take a long time to ejaculate. The latter is less common in men. These issues can be caused due to psychological and physical factors. The best part is that both these conditions can be treated with the help of sexual therapies, counseling, and medication.
- Low libido: Men too experience low libido due to psychological issues like stress, anxiety, and depression. These medical conditions reduce the testosterone level in men, which reduces sexual desire. Sexual therapy can help you cope with your psychological issues and get your libido back.
STDs can happen to both men and women. If either of you has multiple sexual partners, then there are high chances of you getting STDs like chlamydia, syphilis, herpes, gonorrhea, aids, etc.
You should follow safe sex practices to ensure your safety from STDs.
Sexual Dysfunction in Men and Women: Conquering Sexual Problems
If you are experiencing sexual dysfunction, then you must discuss it with your partner and consult a doctor.
You can follow below steps to deal with sexual disorders:
- Consult a sex doctor in Delhi for accurate diagnosis and proper treatment.
- Avoid smoking, drinking, and drugs.
- Consult a psychologist to manage your stress and depression.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle.
Excellent communication with your partner will help you in improving your physical and emotional intimacy.
If the sexual issues persist, then you can always consult a doctor.
Have a healthy sex life!