The Difference Between Regular Web Hosting and WordPress Hosting
The success of your website largely depends on what type of web hosting services you will have. Are you considering what to choose to launch a WordPress website — a special or standard plan? There is nothing wrong with buying the second one. However, the WordPress package contains useful features that will save you a lot of hassle and help your web page perform better in the long run.
Are you still in doubt about which package to buy? Below, you will find out what the difference is between web hosting and WordPress hosting as well as understand the main advantages of the latter one. You can also read the email hosting reviews that help you choose the most suitable package for your website.
WordPress Hosting vs. Web Hosting: What’s The Difference
When considering the difference between regular web hosting and WordPress hosting, it’s essential to delve into server resources.
Traditional web hosting typically involves shared hosting environments where multiple websites share the same server resources. While this can be cost-effective, it may lead to performance issues if one website experiences a surge in traffic or resource usage, potentially affecting all the websites on that server.
On the other hand, WordPress hosting often offers dedicated servers, which means your WordPress website has exclusive access to server resources. This dedicated environment ensures faster loading times, enhanced security, and the ability to handle higher traffic levels without affecting other websites.
While it may be a bit pricier than shared hosting, the benefits of dedicated servers can significantly improve the overall performance and reliability of your WordPress site, making it a preferred choice for many website owners and businesses.
A standard plan is enough to launch a blog and make it visible to all online. It can include many useful features such as enhanced security, performance optimizations, free SSL certificates, and more. However, you will have to solve many other problems yourself. Plus, with a regular plan, you’re missing out on the benefits of the WordPress package.
For example, the fastest WordPress hosting often includes add-ons that help your website run smoothly. These add-ons include one-click installation, access to plugins and themes, automatic updates, and more other features. So, the main difference between web hosting and WordPress hosting is the server configuration. The second one usually offers platform-optimized resources.
Questions for the right to choose
You already known about web hosting vs. WordPress hosting. Now, you need to figure out which one you need. To do this, ask yourself the following questions:
- Will your website be on WordPress? If not, you definitely don’t need to choose a specific configuration;
- What is your budget? The standard plan is cheaper than the special plan;
- Are you good at working with WordPress? If you have little experience, opt for WordPress with special customer support;
- Do you want everything to happen automatically? Your answer is WordPress again;
- Is security essential for you? WordPress plans are often more secure.
Well, the choice is almost obvious. But if you’re still in doubt, consider the benefits of WordPress hosting.
WordPress hosting benefits
Here are some of the benefits you can expect if you choose this type:
- Created specifically for WordPress sites. Your server will be tuned for optimal WordPress performance and faster page loading;
- Everything is done automatically. Pre-installed software, access to free themes, automatic updates, expert customer support — you can get it all, and more;
- Ease of customization. Preconfigured settings make it easy to connect Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) and SSL certificates;
- Enhanced security. Particular attention is paid to WordPress-specific threats.
WordPress Hosting vs. Regular Hosting: Which is Chosen?
Standard plans are always cheaper (although sometimes the price difference can be negligible). In doing so, it can provide the same fast page loading as a special plan. However, the WordPress package still gives you an edge over regular web hosting.
Buying WordPress hosting means your server will be specially configured for the unique requirements of the platform. This is a very profitable option both for beginners, who are not very good at nuances and professionals, as it saves a lot of time. Well, now is the time to decide what type of hosting your site will get. Think carefully and make the right choice -Web Hosting and WordPress Hosting.