You Can Listen to This Article Here
Lucrative Career Paths After BTech in Mechanical Engineering
Today, any manufacturing or construction process would remain incomplete without the hard work and expertise of capable mechanical engineers. Mechanical engineering is one of the most important and relevant engineering disciplines in the modern world and has paved the way for human progress and development.
From tall skyscrapers to complex machinery, mechanical engineers are at the forefront of human development. Owing to the multiple applications of mechanical engineering worldwide, relevant courses in the subject like BTech mechanical engineering have immense demand among students.
If you are interested in an engineering career and creating something of value, a mechanical engineering degree can help you fulfill your career aspirations. Read ahead to learn more about the kind of career scope you can expect from a mechanical engineering program.
What is the career scope for mechanical engineering graduates?
Mechanical engineering is one of the omnipresent professional domains that are seldom hit by economic recessions. Owing to the innumerable applications of the discipline, you can find a huge range of job roles across financially-rewarding professional domains like the automobile sector and aerospace industry. Here are some of the popular career domains that hire mechanical engineers.
- Chemical industry;
- Construction industry;
- Consumer goods industry;
- Automobile industry;
- Electronics industry;
- Power distribution industry.
Another major benefit of choosing mechanical engineering is the possibility of earning a decent compensation package. According to Payscale.com, mechanical engineering graduates can hope to earn three to five lakh rupees every year at the start of their careers.
Diversity in job profiles throughout your career is another major advantage of opting for a mechanical engineering program. You can choose from a wide variety of career profiles and job descriptions within an industry of your choice as a mechanical engineering graduate. Here are some of the most popular career paths in the mechanical engineering domain.
- Automation engineers: The primary responsibility of automation engineers is to design, build or maintain self-sustaining machines and tools. They are responsible for creating automated technologies and products that can remove or reduce the need for manual labor.
- Research and development engineers: Research and development engineers innovate to bring forth new manufacturing methods and processes in the engineering world. They also work on existing processes and techniques to improve their safety and efficiency.
- Design engineers: Design engineers specialize in ideating and creating the design for new engineering products or tools. The role can be a client-facing one where you have to interact with external stakeholders to understand their design requirements and incorporate them into your work.
- Powertrain engineers: Powertrain engineers are special types of mechanical engineers who work in the automotive industry. They improve the performance or appearance of automotive engines or other components.
You can also choose to pursue other interesting roles like instrumentation engineer, construction engineer, nuclear power plant engineer, and factory development engineer.
A mechanical engineering background can give you the technical expertise to secure any kind of well-paying role within the engineering domain. Invest in a good program today to enhance your career prospects in the engineering industry.