You Can Listen to This Article Here
How to Sell Your House For More Cash in 2022
Selling your home is a huge moment in your life. It’s your chance to make a little money from your investment in a property, and that amount of cash you’re given will help you to purchase a larger and more exciting property.
Given this fact, it’s important that you’re doing all that you can in order to boost the value of your property, making the most of the asset you’re selling, and making potential buyers fall in love with all that your home has to offer. This is a guide about how you’ll do that – getting as much cash as possible for the sale of your home.
First and foremost, you should partner with an agent that you trust to be professional and motivated to get the very best price for your home. Agents come in different shapes and sizes, and they certainly can come with different skills and experiences. You’re looking for an agent who:
- Has a proven track record of selling homes just like yours;
- Is enthusiastic about your home and knows just how to make it more sellable;
- Is bristling with ideas about how you could improve your home in the run-up to the sale;
- Is supportive and communicative whenever you need their help or advice.
You can ask friends who’ve recently sold a property, as maybe they would recommend the agent that they used to do so. Or you can search for agents online, taking account of online reviews to inform your decision. Finally, you could ring up a handful of local agents in order to ascertain which might be the best fit for you and your home.
How to sell a house for more cash: photographs
There’s no doubt that many people make the decision to view a property based on the photographs alone. That means that your photographs should be outstanding in order to secure the highest number of views possible for your home. The higher the number of viewings, the more likely you are to end up with a bidding war that ultimately bumps up the price of your home. Your photos should:
- Be taken with high-quality, professional lighting. Use natural light from open windows to really make your home look light and airy
- Be taken with a professional camera – one which delivers high-quality images that can be zoomed in on by curious viewers of your home
- Make use of different lenses, especially wide-angle lenses, to give the impression of space in each of your rooms
- Be taken in a meticulously clean and tidy house, so that you’re showing off what your ideal home looks like to curious would-be buyers
Any photograph that you take should show your home in the best possible light. That’s what you’re trying to do with your photos – to encourage people to want to see your home.
As well as photographs, the viewers of your home online will want to know how the rooms they’re looking at fit together into your entire home. That’s where a floor plan comes in, seeing as it’s impossible to take a photograph that’s representative of the entire layout of your home. Floor plans should be included in all home adverts in order to make your home look desirable and to give people an image of what the entire house might look like and feel like to live in.
Happily, you can create a professional floor plan with new technology, which is accessible to those selling their homes as well as agents and architects. One of those software programs is Cedreo, the easy-to-use floor plan creator that you can find and use online. All you’ll need to do is gather accurate measurements of your home and the rooms within it in order to generate a professional floor plan that viewers will value for the picture it gives them of your home.
How to sell the house for more cash: attractive viewings
Right, so, now you’ve enticed a high number of people to contact you or your agent to ask for a house viewing. That’s excellent, but you still have some work to do in order to convert those viewings into the kind of offers that’ll help you to boost your home’s value. That means going over your home with a deep clean, paying special attention to:
- The floors, walls, and ceilings. Make these as clean as possible, as they are what makes your rooms feel either stuffy and dingy or open and spacious
- Your windows. Grubby windows let in less natural light and can be off-putting for a would-be buyer
- The fragrances in your home. Do all you can to make it smell lovely; an old trick is to bake a loaf of bread in order for your home to have that warm, homely smell that can attract an offer
Everywhere else should be as clean and tidy as possible for when you have viewings organized. Remember that the few hours you spend cleaning your home could earn you thousands of dollars if your home impresses those viewing it.
How to sell house for more cash: bidding
Finally, when you do receive offers on your home, it’s up to you to show each bid that they are not alone in asking to purchase your home. If an individual or family has decided that they’d love to own your home, you are in a brilliant position to leverage that love in order to encourage higher and higher bids for your property. Keep each interested party informed about the bids that you’re receiving or the interest that your home is generating in order to stir up those passions and encourage bids that exceed your asking price.
Here, your agent will once again be particularly helpful. They’ll know the right asking price to set initially, which you can then use to boost the bids that you’ll eventually receive. An agent will also be an experienced hand when it comes to considering the bids you receive. Sometimes, they’ll tell you to bite someone’s hand off for a deal, and other times, they’ll recommend you bide your time to make more money off your property.
Make use of these tips in order to sell your home for a higher asking price in the coming weeks and months, ensuring you’re making the most cash out of your asset.