You Can Listen to This Article Here
Incredible Marijuana Facts you Never Heard About
Marijuana, cannabis, hashish – are the kinds of light narcotics containing psychoactive substances, as well as drugs produced from it. Those light drugs are prohibited by law almost all over the world, but not everywhere in the US.
Even tho there are many gossips, talks, and thoughts on this subject, let’s discover some curious facts on marijuana. After all, cannabis is admitted to Israel and the 20 US states as a medical product
While the benefits of marijuana (medical cannabis) smoking is debatable, many people agree that it is useful to smoke pot.
They believe that this drug should be legal for medical use, and you just need to keep it at home, in particular Smell Proof Bags. As they say: “don’t judge a book by its cover.”
Before making your conclusions, read those facts below!
- Marijuana is made from dried crushed flowers and leaves of cannabis;
- There are about 162 million adults worldwide, who use marijuana at least once a year;
- Marijuana is the most popular after alcohol relaxing and a mood-raising drug that is used all over the world;
- Almost 40% of secondary school students in the US have tried marijuana at least once in their lives, and 20% of students use it regularly;
- According to the research, 800 “jambs” are needed to kill a person, but the cause of death will be poisoning with carbon monoxide, but not a narcotic substance;
- There are more than 200 slang names for marijuana. The most common are pot, weed, hash, and ganja;
- The international medical and scientific name of marijuana is cannabis. However, in the US it is more often just called a “substance”;
- The name “marijuana” comes from Mexican slang. It is believed that this name is a combination of the Spanish pronunciation of the names Maria and Jane. (Two of these names in Mexican military slang designate prostitutes or brothels). The name “marijuana” became popular in the US in the late 1800s;
- Plant cannabis basically can grow in almost any environment. The growth rate is, on average, 3-5 cm per day. The height of an adult plant is about half a meter;
- The main active ingredient in marijuana is THC (Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol). Exactly this chemical substance influence the mind and causes the effect of marijuana usage;
- The psychoactive effect of THC in small doses brings the feeling of exemption, delight, distortion of perception of time. The drug can also cause an increase the visual sensitivity and exacerbation of the perception of the taste and smell;
- The concentration of THC in the plant cannabis depends on the weather conditions, soil type, harvesting time, and the mixture proportions of dry leaves and flowers in the objective product. A marijuana sample can contain from 3% to 20% THC;
- Countries where marijuana is partially or fully legalized: Czech Republic, Holland, Belgium, England, Switzerland (only for personal use), Australia, USA, Canada, Israel, (for medical purposes). In the countries where marijuana is legalized for personal use, its storage quantity is regulated by the law;
- From 1850 to 1942, marijuana was included in the US pharmacopeia as a cure for nausea, rheumatism, and pain. It was available at any local supermarket or pharmacy;
- Proponents of medical marijuana believe that the drug has a significant therapeutic value for patients who suffer from AIDS, glaucoma, cancer, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and chronic pain;
- In 2003, Canada became the first country in the world to accept medical marijuana as a method to cure pain;
- In 1996, California became the first US state to legally allow the use of medical marijuana by patients with the recommendation of a doctor;
- 85% of cannabis around the world is grown indoors with the help of individual bright bulbs;
- In the world, there are no official records of deaths due to the usage of marijuana. Even performing experiments on dogs, it was not possible to find out what dose would lead to death. The dog’s body sustained truly “horse doses” of marijuana.