You Can Listen to This Article Here
Development of Hospital Management System (HMS) – Features and Advantages
When creating the hospital management system software, it is necessary to take into account the features and requirements of each user group – administration, doctors, and patients.
When creating the hospital management software, it is necessary to take into account the features and requirements of each user group – administration, doctors, and patients. This system should use the local computer network of the hospital, including all its units, and be a technology for documenting the treatment and diagnostic process.
What is essential – any medical professional, administrative officer, or patient can directly interact with such a system; thus the completeness of clinical information is achieved.
The title page of the medical history is filled in by the emergency reception nurse, the doctor makes appointments for examinations, and laboratory assistants enter test results. The administrator easily receives reports in a convenient form, and the patient can specify the time and cost of the last examination or make an appointment.
In fact, the following tasks are assigned to the HMS:
- Entering the patient’s data into the register.
- Editing this information.
- Creating reports.
It has been proven that the use of clinical information systems (CIS) has a positive effect on patient care quality. There are several reasons:
- A multifaceted approach. Quick doctor access to all information on the diagnosis and treatment, manipulations, etc.
- A sense of patient safety, as the chance of medical error, is lower.
Advantages of HMS using
- Increase hospital productivity. Less routine, writing, queues, medical equipment, downtime, etc. The errors caused by the human factor are reduced.
- Quick access to information. In turn, it speeds up and simplifies the work of the hospital different departments, which cooperate with each other.
- Multitasking. The system is simultaneously used by a large number of people with different goals.
- Increasing patient trust in the hospital and staff. Higher trust – better results of treatment, rising of the patients’ number.
- Quick and easy reporting of staff performance. No need to spend a lot of time creating reports. The convenient design of the reports – charts, tables, graphs. Thus, the hospital optimizes business processes and improves the quality of management.
- Simplify and streamline billing. It’s convenient for both patients and the hospital.
The only relative disadvantage of HMS using is the need to train staff and patients to work with the program. Understanding systems and data management is essential.
If the program has a convenient and intuitive interface, it will not take much time and effort.