You Can Listen to This Article Here
Internet Marketing: What are the Pros of Digital Marketing for Your Business
Digital marketing has been generally hyped in the last few years. Nowadays, if you pick up any pop marketing or even academic marketing book, you’re guaranteed to see large sections about all the different types of digital marketing.
Also, you will find a lot of information on how to make full use of its capabilities and features to ensure increased revenues and reach.
This article will help you get started by teaching you about all the pros of digital marketing so you can make an informed decision about whether to invest in it or not.
#1 Less Expensive than Traditional Marketing
One of the main advantages of digital marketing over traditional marketing is how inexpensive it is. If you’re thinking about doing some marketing and you’re on a tight budget, chances are that you’ll be able to reach way more eyeballs using online marketing methods:
- TV ads were the most successful traditional marketing method: TV ads were the most prominent way of getting your name out there for the better part of the last century. If you knew you had a good product, you’d buy a TV ad and see the sales figures increase. But, these, especially if it was an ad slot on a popular TV show, were increasingly expensive, and many small businesses couldn’t afford them. Newspaper ads were better, but the demographics of people who read them is very limited, and you’ll only be able to target a certain segment of the population.
- Internet ad spaces are more diverse and much less gated resulting in a plethora of cheap options for your marketing needs. If you are selling a unique gaming tool, for example, you’ll be able to find multiple online blogs and websites that are curtailed for those and advertise on them. These types of ads are usually really cheap and are viewed predominantly by people who are very likely to be interested in your business, so you can get the same amount of organic traffic to your website for a lower cost.
#2 Internet Marketing Offers More Options
The diversity of options you have on the internet is truly astounding, and this diversity comes in many forms and absolutely eclipses anything traditional marketing has to offer:
- Diversity of forms of advertising: do you want to create an infographic to advertize for your services? Do you want to create a high-production video where you introduce your high-value products to the clients? Do you want to just advertise through a catchy and well-written phrase with an image? You can do all of this and much more online. On TV, you are very limited in the form of advertising you can create – it doesn’t make a lot of sense to show an infographic on TV. On the Newspaper, you’re basically limited to images and text. You can make use of all these forms of media in digital marketing to ensure you more effectively attract clients. Especially hiring an agency like this creative agency in Brussels that has a dedicated team to create various forms of ads will allow you to fully unleash your products/services’ potential and fully utilize the online formats to catch many eyeballs and even go viral.
- Diversity in the content of the ads: you’re not free to publish what you want on TV – you have to adhere to strict guidelines – not only in form but in content also. You couldn’t advertise for certain products, you couldn’t use certain phrases and words, and you were expected to not go over the top. On the other hand, online advertising gives you almost complete freedom over how you present your company and your products/services, and with more freedom of expression, you’ll be able to target a wider range of people more effectively.
- Diversity in platforms to advertise online, you’ll be able to advertise on search engines, on YouTube videos, on social media pages, on websites, on blogs, on online newspapers and much more. These platforms each have their unique uses and unique demographics and they allow for much better and more precise use of targetted advertising than was ever possible on traditional marketing platforms.