Why You Should Choose Leucorrhoea Treatment in Ayurveda?
Leucorrhea is the term used for excess white discharge from the vagina. It is a common condition during ovulation and prior to the onset of periods. White discharge to some extent is normal but when it exceeds the normal amount, it is a matter of concern. Why? Let’s understand it closely.
The high amount of white discharge smells fishy and foul, it gets ticky and mostly causes pain in the pelvic region like the lower abdomen and lower back. Proper leucorrhoea treatment in Ayurveda is highly recommended for this condition as its excess may lead to loss of calcium and important nutrients from the body leading to weakness and dizziness.
Many women question how to know if one has leucorrhoea? A simple observation of a change in color and amount of vaginal discharge 2 weeks after the end of periods accompanied by itchiness and pain is considered a common sign of Leucorrhoea.
It also changes the pH levels of the vaginal cavity and increases the chances of infection.
Leucorrhoea can be cured with the help of ayurvedic treatment using natural remedies, medicines, and changes in diet. Getting the right advice for leucorrhoea treatment in Ayurveda is very important because it is a very sensitive disease.
A number of reasons lead to the occurrence of leucorrhoea:
- Bacterial infection;
- Steroids or antibiotics;
- Cervical cancer;
- Feminine hygiene sprays;
- Overuse of scented soaps and bubble baths;
- Irritation around and in the vagina;
- Yeast infections;
- Drying and thinning of vaginal walls due to the onset of menopause;
- Any kind of pelvic infection post-surgery;
What Kind Of Treatment Is Best For Leucorrhoea?
Leucorrhoea treatment is usually carried out with antifungal medication. It can either be used in gel form or creams depending on the personal preference and medical history of the patient. All pathies including homeopathy, Ayurveda, and allopathy prescribe antibiotic pills for the treatment of this disease.
The leucorrhoea treatment in Ayurveda works on multiple levels goes from diet changes to medication and therapies. There are a few home remedies and precautionary measures that doctors suggest for this problem:
- You must try to keep your vagina clean. Wash it with mild soap and lukewarm water at least twice a day;
- Get in the habit of wearing cotton undergarments that wick away sweat without causing any kind of irritation;
- Avoid wearing skin-fit clothes, especially around the pelvic region;
- Get in the habit of wearing cotton pajamas at night and preferably sleep in an area with good ventilation;
- Stay away from scented sprays and soaps, especially around the vagina;
- Include an ample amount of healthy bacteria like curds, yogurt, and fermented food items in your regular diet. It helps in the cultivation of healthy bacteria and keeps the vaginal cavity healthy;
- If you are in the habit of intense workouts make sure that you shower after every session and wash your generals properly. Dry them well before putting on clothes;
- Make sure to maintain personal hygiene while going in public pools and avoid getting in water if it seems unhygienic and unchanged.
Food plays a major role in leucorrhoea treatment in Ayurveda. A healthy diet always helps us to fight several diseases and bacterial infections. Here are a few food items that need to be added to your must-have list to stop white discharge from your body:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: it is a completely natural product that is anti-fungal in nature. It helps restore the pH balance in your vagina and thus helps deal with white discharge problems and it really help in the treatment of leucorrhoea pain.
- Probiotics: Fermented food products like curd and yogurt have plenty of healthy bacteria which fight off yeast-like infections, a common reason for white discharge. Just try to add a small amount every day and you will be fine.
- Aloe Vera: It is known for its antimicrobial properties and can play a key role in battling vaginal infections. Aloe Vera consumption increases WBC count in our body and thus helps prevent white discharge. Aloe Vera is rich with many herbs that help us to cure several problems like leucorrhoea and many more. Add Aloe Vera to your bucket list next time when you visit the store.
- Green Tea: Green tea is known for its high levels of antioxidants which strengthen our systems to fight off infections responsible for white discharge.
- Fenugreek Seeds: They are natural regulators of pH levels in our body and are very helpful in boosting our natural defenses against reasons leading to white discharge.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has a natural ingredient called curcumin that has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties. Regular consumption of turmeric can greatly help control infections in the genital area. Turmeric is one of the most common home remedies for controlling infections because of its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Amla: Also known as the Indian gooseberry, it can be great for regulating your vaginal health and controlling abnormal discharges from the body.