Construction accidents typically leave pretty significant injuries to the victims. This is why worker competition is so important to construction workers.
Unfortunately, not all states have required workers comp laws, and some contrition companies will look for a way around paying their employees after an injury.
If this applies to you, we highly recommend you contact a construction accident lawyer, as they can file a lawsuit on your behalf and get fair compensation for your injuries. Continue reading the article below to learn more.
What Are the Most Common Types of Construction Accidents?
Construction sites are inherently dangerous, and accidents can happen in various ways. Here are some of the most common types of construction accidents:
- Falls: Falls are one of the most common types of construction accidents. In a typical construction site, there are a variety of high ledges and equipment designed to lift workers up. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for workers to fall from these heights and get seriously injured. Oftentimes these ledges were not properly secured, or the workers were trained to navigate these heights. In these cases, a construction accident lawyer can represent your case and help you get compensation for your injuries.
- Struck by an object: Workers being struck by falling objects, such as tools or building materials, or by moving vehicles or equipment on the construction site, is one of the most common injuries. Frequently, these types of injuries can be traced back to the construction company’s negligence. Whether it is improper training or poor communication about fast-moving objects, companies are often to blame for workers being struck by an object in a contamination site. A construction accident lawyer can evaluate your case and examine your organization’s practices to see if they are at fault. You may receive a larger compensation than what originally was in your worker’s compensation package.
- Caught between objects: Workers can become caught between objects, such as between heavy machinery or between a wall and heavy equipment. It is perhaps a terrifying construction site injury, and unfortunately, it is a very common one. If you have experienced this and are struggling to receive your workers’ compensation rights contact a construction accident lawyer immediately.
- Medical expenses: This includes any medical bills you incurred as a result of the accident and future medical costs related to your injuries.
- Lost wages: Lost wages from being unable to work can quickly add up a construction accident lawyer can help you recover.
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for physical pain and emotional distress caused by accident. It will be negotiated between your construction accident lawyer
And the company.
Construction Accident Lawsuits: Contact a Construction Accident Lawyer Today
If you have suffered a worksite injury on a construction site, you must call a construction accident lawyer immediately. Medical expenses and lost wages can quickly add up. A lawyer can gather the details and make sure you’re properly compensated.