You Can Listen to This Article Here
Up to date, the carpet is an essential part of every home. Сarpets certainly bring warmth and comfort to every interior. The only cons are – these floor coverings get dirty quite quickly.
I am sure that since the moment when people have discovered such a great invention like carpets they are trying to find the best and the most convenient options on how to remove dust, dirt, food and drink traces, animal hair and from them. But I can assure you there is nothing complicated about cleaning the carpet.
A home carpet combines many useful qualities, but since the rug is a floor covering, it requires proper attention and care. There are many different methods of carpet care and the prevention of its contamination, increasing its service life, and preserving the original appearance of the carpet.
In this article, I will share with you some tips on how to quickly and efficiently clean the carpet at home. But first of all, the prophylactic carpet home cleaning with a vacuum cleaner from dust and small contaminants needs to be done at least once a week;
The carpet cleaning is usually required:
- The appearance of severe dirt or a stain on the carpet (it can be spilled wine or juice; any greasy stain or other difficult to remove contamination has appeared.) In such cases, the carpet should be cleaned up as quickly as possible so that the pollution will not have time to soak into the structure of the carpet and dry up.
- The carpet was saturated with unpleasant odors (if it is placed in the kitchen or if there are animals in the house), etc.
As you can see that time to time, you still will need to hire a carpet cleaning company to refresh it.
Before beginning the carpet cleaning, it is necessary to pay attention to the structure and the features of the carpet. Since the different carpets may need a different cleaning approach, but in most of the cases, the general-purpose recommendations will be enough.
- Try to use only dry cleaning. Most of the carpet types “do not like” the water, but if it`s marked on the carpet label that wet cleaning is required, do not use hot water. Use a vacuum cleaner and a cleaner;
- Do not use a hard brush to clean the carpet; they can damage the structure of the pile. When using a brush, try not to rub the stains on the carpet vigorously, and touch them towards the center of the spot, so as not to rub the dirt onto an even larger area. Cleaning of hand-made rugs should take place strictly in the direction of the fleece.
- When using new chemical сleaning products for your carpet, carefully read the instructions and the buyer’s reviews on the utilization of this product. Before cleaning the contamination, check the product on an inconspicuous place on the carpet, to not spoil the whole product.
The conclusion can be said that the above tips on cleaning carpets at home are relatively simple.
But if you are not confident if you will be able to perform the carpet cleaning at the highest level, or you merely afraid to accidentally destroy your expensive carpet, then it will be the best to contact professionals – a great carpet cleaning company.