You Can Listen to This Article Here
10 Stress-Busting Tips To Improve Wellbeing
Stress does nothing but hold us back and compromise our health. Modern life is full of stressful obstacles, which is why it is imperative to have plenty of ways to cope and feel better. To help you create the perfect stress-busting routine, try taking on these top ten stress-busting tips.
Improve wellbeing: have a massage
When you’re feeling stressed out, having a massage is one of the best remedies to relieve the tension, for this. For further ideas, try St John’s Wort, Valerian, or Passionflower. Remember to follow the recommended dose and to check with your doctor if you take pharmaceutical drugs.
When you have a massage, the experience reduces your levels of cortisol, norepinephrine, and adrenaline, all of which are stress hormones. Further benefits of massage therapy include easing muscle tension, improving circulation, increasing mobility, and stimulating your lymphatic system. Here we go – to thriving not surviving!
Try herbal supplements to improve wellbeing
Herbal supplements can be beneficial to reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety. The following supplements are particularly useful:
- CBD Oil: Cannabidiol is a substance found in cannabis plants; it does not get you ‘high’ but produces sensations of calmness and relaxation. According to the British Journal of Pharmacology, CBD activates 5-HT1A receptors in our brains and that, ‘5-HT1A receptor activation may induce antidepressant-like effects.’ For an excellent range of CBD products, check out this website.
- Bacopa monnieri: This is a key herb used for Ayurvedic medicine practices. One research article in the Natural Library Of Medicine focuses on the stress reduction properties of bacopa. The research concluded that ‘Bacopa monnieri possesses a potent adaptogenic activity.’ Adaptogens occur naturally and have the ability to help our bodies cope with stress.
- Rhodiola: Sometimes called ‘arctic root’ Rhodiola is a yellow-flowered plant, often used in medicinal practices. Rhodiola contains substances called salidroside and rosavin; it’s widely suggested that these substances are helpful to ease the symptoms of stress.
For further ideas, try St John’s Wort, Valerian, or Passionflower. You might also want to try the highly praised Kava – you can learn where to buy kava products here. Remember to follow the recommended dose and to check with your doctor if you take pharmaceutical drugs.
Aromatherapy is a type of holistic healing practice that uses plants to improve wellbeing and health. The idea is to use essential oils to enhance your emotional and physical health. Throughout aromatherapy, you inhale essential oils or absorb these oils into your skin. You might use products such as inhalers, diffusers, body creams, oils, or clay masks. Different essential oils possess different health properties. Lavender and jasmine are perfect for relaxation; vanilla is great to lift your mood while chamomile oil will help you sleep.
Meditation is a fantastic way to reduce stress symptoms, and once you get the basics right, you’ll really start to enjoy the practice. To help you learn the ropes, try using these great meditation apps:
- Inscape: With this meditation app, you’ll reduce anxiety and stress, improve your sleep, and learn about mindfulness. Inscape meditation sessions focus on many different topics, including increasing happiness, boosting creativity, love, and relationships, reducing stress, and improving focus.
- Sattva: The Sattva app is perfect for newbies or meditation pros. There are hundreds of guided meditations, chants, mantras, and sacred sounds. Features of Sattva include a heart rate monitor, personalized reminders, a meditation timer, collections themed on your mood, and mudra meditations.
Other popular meditation apps include Calm and Headspace. Whether you’re looking to learn calming techniques or cope with anxiety, meditation is the perfect tool.
Creating a conducive environment for meditation is essential because external distractions make it even more difficult to achieve mental silence. Choose a room that is far from the hustle and bustle in your home. Dim the lights, and light some purifying, stress-relieving palo santo incense to help with relaxing your mind. Taking one or two hours of your time to meditate can do wonders for your mental health and spiritual health.
Talk it out
During times of stress, sometimes all we need is to talk about our problems. Whether it’s a family member or a close friend, express yourself honestly, and don’t be afraid of showing your emotions. Those who feel they do not have someone to talk to may benefit from counseling sessions. There are plenty of online therapy services available to support individuals with their personal issues.
Relax in nature
Spending time in the natural world is a very simple and effective stress-busting solution. Next time you’re feeling stressed, take a break from the world of tech and chaos and take yourself to a relaxing outdoor location. Being around trees and water is highly therapeutic, and the natural world also helps to raise endorphin levels.
Laughter is the cure
Laughter is always just what you need to relax and lift your spirits. After a long and stressful week, it’s helpful to plan a fun catch up with friends or binge-watch your favorite comedy series! When you’ve had a bad day, try and find at least one thing to laugh at. Seeing the funny side of your problems is often the best way to help you feel calm and gain some perspective.
We all know by now that exercise boosts our endorphin levels. With this in mind, it’s essential to keep up a regular exercise regime. If you don’t feel like getting to the gym, there are plenty of exercise classes that you can do online. Many of us are pushed for time, but even a quick fifteen minute YouTube Video is perfect to de-stress!
Practicing creative hobbies is a fantastic way to release stress and tension. You might like to try painting, drawing, writing poetry, or playing an instrument. Remember, you don’t have to be excellent at these hobbies to de-stress and have fun. Don’t put too much pressure on the results, and just enjoy the creative process.
Improve Wellbeing: Stress-busting tools
To banish stress from your life, you’ll want to arm yourself with all the stress-busting tools you can get. For a few initial ideas, check out these self-care podcasts:
- 100% Guilt-Free Self Care: Here, you’ll find an excellent self-care podcast about improving your wellbeing. Tami has got plenty of excellent tips on everything from self-love to positive mindsets, ditching your self-limiting beliefs, and relaxation.
- Happier: Tune in and catch Gretchen Rubin’s excellent podcast about living your best life! The Author of ‘The Happiness Project’ is here to give you plenty of manageable and practical tips about becoming happier and eliminating negativity and stress.
Podcasts like these are the perfect way to gain sources of inspiration and work on improving your self-care regime. It’s useful to have a notebook to hand as you listen, to write down any key ideas.