Ways to Make Events More Unique
While in-person events may be out of the question this year, there’s nothing wrong with planning ahead! Use this list to gather up some great ideas to make your upcoming social calendar more unique.
Decorate both indoors and outside
Due to the ongoing pandemic, outdoor events are likely to be taking the spotlight in 2021. As you start planning your next socially-distant events, don’t skip on the outdoor decor! Here are a few ways to make your backyard party shine inside and out:
- Use market lights and candles to illuminate your outdoor space beautifully.
- Create a stunning outside tablescape complete with ceramic dinnerware and place cards.
- Head to the farmer’s market and pick out your favorite blooms to design your own arrangements,
- Mark your event’s location with custom yard signs, perfect for graduations and birthday parties!
Decide on a dinner theme
Who doesn’t love a theme?! Take your theme to the next level at your upcoming dinner party by focusing on a specific cuisine. A week or two before the event, share the theme with your guests so they have plenty of time to think about what dish they want to contribute —this idea works best for foodie friends and family!
Not sure where to start? Here are a few themes and dishes to think about:
- Italian night: Garlic bread, lasagna, mixed olives, chicken piccata, cannoli, and wine, of course.
- Sushi night: Head to the local fish market to pick up some sushi-grade fish and ask your guests to bring 1-2 ingredients each.
- Fondue night: Supply the cheese and chocolate and ask your guests to bring their favorite savory or sweet dippable treats.
- Pizza night: You bring the cheese, sauce, dough, and pizza oven. Then, invite your crew over to create their own custom pies with you!
Make it interactive
If you’re hoping to throw a party your friends won’t soon forget, making it interactive is a must! From games and galas to crafts and karaoke, there are tons of ways to make your party really unique and interactive. Check out these ideas to find some inspiration:
- Make it a costume party
- Have a jam sesh with your musically-gifted friends
- Host a DIY hot chocolate or cocktail bar
- Build a craft table with jewelry, paint, and sculpting supplies
- Host a clothing swap with stylish friends
- Make your own photo booth complete with props and polaroids
Create a collaborative playlist
Music is one of the most important pieces of any great party. It sets the tone for relaxing, dancing, and winding down, so it’s key to get your soundtrack right. To make sure every one of your guests is good with the music choice, create a collaborative playlist on Spotify. Send the link to all of the attendees and ask them to add their top party tunes to the list, no DJ necessary!
Make it a destination event
Hosting an event at your home is all fun and games until the cleanup portion ensues. So, why not eliminate the stress of hosting by relocating somewhere new? Here are some cool ideas to choose from:
- Vacation rental (with prior approval)
- Local restaurant
- Beach or public park
Unique events: make it a team effort
Hosting can be hard to do on your own, but you don’t have to take on all of the heat on your own! For your next event, team up with a friend to make your event an even bigger hit. Together, you can collaborate on the invite list, boost your planning budget, and split the cleanup efforts.
ProTip: Opt for a potluck to save on food prep time and cost and dirty dishes!
Make Events More Unique: Don’t stress!
It’s easy to get overwhelmed when you’re planning a party for your family and friends to enjoy. Our best party-planning tip? Relax! When you’re overly focused on what your guests are thinking, you can lose out on the fun yourself. By organizing, keeping things simple, and planning ahead, your event is sure to be a hit!
Use these seven tips to plan your next party and don’t forget to share your own entertaining tips with us in the comment section below. Happy party planning, everyone!