Twelve Common Dentistry Procedures in Moore, Oklahoma
It’s common to want a brighter, whiter, and healthier smile to give you confidence and more positive self-esteem. This is why dentists in Moore have various procedures and treatments to ensure that you get the one that you need in no time. Read more about the common treatments on this page here.
If you are wondering what a dentist, dentistry procedures in Moore can do for you, you are on the right page. Here are the twelve common procedures that you can get from an orthodontist or a general dental hygienist.
Standard Dentistry Procedures
- Bonding – This is a technique that corrects your teeth’ imperfections to give you a brighter and better smile. Bonding treatments are used for cracked, chipped, or decayed teeth. The material that’s used is often resin, and it is hardened with the help of light.
- Crowns – This prosthetic replaces the visible or the upper part of the tooth. The crowns can strengthen, improve, and restore a particular tooth to its original appearance. They are also usually used to hold a bridge in place or cover implants.
- Bridgework – Bridgework is a structure put between two crowns to fill a gap or a missing tooth. Implants usually support this, and it can improve your appearance and smile tremendously. It can take years before wearing off, and you’ll get a younger-looking smile in the process.
- Invisalign – If you have crooked teeth, the best way to straighten them without interfering with your daily life and appearance is through Invisalign. This treatment, available in Moore dental clinics, will move the teeth with removable and custom-fitted aligners. They are invisible, and you can wear them comfortably.
- Fillings – There are tooth-colored fillings used to treat cavities, and they can be made up of amalgam, glass particles, or resin. The fillings are cemented into the teeth and improve your smile. Their colors look like your natural tooth so that they will be less noticeable.
- Dentures – If you have lost most of your teeth, you can replace them with a removable appliance called a denture. Most people may opt to have their remaining teeth extracted to have a more comfortable bite and chew with the dentures.
- Cleanings – Most dental care providers offer deep cleanings to prevent cavities and tooth decay. You can visit westmooredentalstudio.com to know more about cleanings and schedules if you are interested in having one. In a professional cleaning, the tartar is removed by a specialized tool called scalers, and hygienists usually do them. This is important if you want to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
- Root Canal Therapies – In previous years, there’s no other option for a dead tooth but to get it extracted. Nowadays, some of these teeth can still be saved with the help of root canal therapy. This is a procedure used for badly decayed or infected teeth and gums. Many people fear that this is a painful process, but this is comparable to having a replacement filling, and a local anesthetic is usually used to kill the pain.
- Sealants – These are made of plastic, and they are applied to the back portion of the teeth and to the chewing surface to prevent further decay. Sealants are usually painted first as a liquid substance for easier application, but they become solid once they harden to act as a shield. Sealants can save you a lot of money because there’s no need for you to get crowns, fillings, and other treatments down the road.
- Veneers – Many people who want to improve their appearance and smiles get veneers. These are thin coverings placed at the front of the teeth to make them look whiter and brighter. They cover severely discolored, crooked, or poorly shaped teeth, and they lend a whiter cast to those who have yellowish teeth.
- Extractions – The tooth extraction process involves removing a tooth’s root, enamel, and dentin for several reasons. The extraction is already a necessity because the tooth is beginning to get painful or already so damaged that a simple restoration can’t fix it.
Standard Dentistry Procedures in Moore: Conclusion
These are the common services that may be offered by a general dentist in Oklahoma. They can refer you to a pediatric dental care provider or an orthodontist if this is what you need. You can easily get an appointment by visiting their sites or calling them.