You Can Listen to This Article Here
Highest Paying Jobs for Students in Canada
Are you currently studying at a university or college? Is it a dream of yours to travel abroad? If this sounds like you, then look no further. You too can study and work in one of the most diverse and beautiful countries in the world.
Many students in Canada either want to or need to work while studying, so we’ve outlined 6 of the highest paying jobs for students in Canada. Whether you’re planning to immigrate and study in Canada or you’re already living in the country, there are plenty of job opportunities for you if you want to work in Canada as a student.
Let’s dive in!
Teacher’s assistants are responsible for helping the class teacher with their duties, and their role includes:
- carrying out administrative tasks, such as preparing classroom resources;
- creating displays and preparing classrooms for teaching and learning;
- ensuring that teaching materials are available and ready for use;
- listening to learners read, reading to them, and telling them stories (in a primary school or kindergarten setting;)
- The average teaching assistant in Canada earns around $51,012 per year. Entry-level positions start at $39,323 per year, while most experienced teaching assistants make up $87,185 per year.
Generally, private tutors’ duties include:
- working with students to improve their skills in specific subjects;
- preparing lessons, and assigning and correcting homework;
- preparing and correcting tests.
The average salary for a home tutor in Canada is $37,050. However, salaries can vary depending on specializing in primary, secondary school, or university subjects.
If you want to work in Canada as a student, then being a freelance worker might be the perfect type of job because it is not a full-time position. The most common freelance jobs include writing, editing, photography, web design, graphic arts, or computer programming.
As a freelance worker in Canada, you could earn anything between $30 to $80 per hour, depending on your work type. Salaries may also vary depending on the company you are working for.
Another popular job for students in Canada that offers flexible working hours is working as a restaurant server. A restaurant server is also known as a waiter or waitress, and duties include:
- taking orders;
- answering questions about the menu and food;
- taking payment;
- communing orders with the kitchen staff;
- seating customers and helping with customer service and cleaning
The average salary for a restaurant server in Canada is $23,400 per year or $12 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $21,450 per year, while most experienced workers make up $30,511 per year.
If you’re fluent in more than one language, you may be able to work as a translator. The duties of a translator include:
- Reading material and researching industry-specific terminology;
- Converting written and audio recordings in one language to one or more other languages (for example, converting an article written in English to Spanish) and
- Ensuring translated texts convey original meaning and tone.
The average translator salary in Canada is $53,654 per year. Entry-level positions start at $40,716 per year, while most experienced workers earn $74,100 annually.
The role of a transcriber is to:
- listen to live proceedings or audio and video recordings and create written versions of them;
- Transcribers use various software and also complete administrative tasks.
In Canada, the average transcriptionist earns $42,095 per year or $21.59 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $37,050 per annum, while most experienced workers earn $51,246 per annum. Click here to learn how to find work in Canada as a student.
Jobs for students in Canada: Get Your Canada Study Permit
If you want to study and work as a student in Canada, the first step to making this a reality is to get your Canada study permit. Here’s how:
- Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements;
- Apply to your chosen university or college;
- Make sure you have the required documents;
- Apply for your study permit.
If you want to learn more about the study permit application process, go now to CanadianVisa.org.