You Can Listen to This Article Here
Creative Coloring Inspirations: Color Palettes from the Web
Below you may find 8 valuable color resources on the Web. By motives of inspiration bit.
This is a very useful Firefox Add-on. It installs a Palette Grabber icon in Firefox status bar. Once you click on this icon, it grabs the colors from the website in your browser window and you can export the site`s color palette to Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, GIMP, or Flash, Pantone Color.
Color Palette Generator
Color Palette Generator – this is an indispensable resource if you want to come up with a website color palette that matches a key image that you want to use on that site. All you need to do is enter the URL of that image and it will generate a color palette that matches the image – on a fly. As an extra bonus, you get two palettes – `dull?` and,
vibrant five colors each, in hexadecimal color codes.
Color Schemer Gallery
This website alone contains several practical resources:
- Scheme Gallery – full of beautiful colour schemes (unfortunately, I couldn`t find a way to browse the gallery by Categories);
- Colour Forums where you can participate in interesting colour-related discussions and learn from experts;
- Colour Schemer Blog
- If you`re a Mac user, then you can install a great Widget for your Mac`s Dashboard: ColourSchemer Galleria. I`ve installed it on my Mac – and absolutely love it.
ColorBlender.com – this online tool allows you to choose a colour using an online colour picker (in RGB format) and it automatically generated 5 colours that blend well together. The generated palette can be downloaded to Photoshop or Illustrator.
Colors on the Web
This is another website with helpful color palette inspiration boards and inspirational colour resources (note that it`s a new site so some pages are still work in progress):
- Colour Schemes that you can browse by Categories (Corporate, Elegant, Fun, Kid, Monochromatic, Modern, Retro)
- Colour Info, Colour Meaning, Colour Tools< , Colour Forum/li>
Colour Blender – here you can pick two colours of your choice, specify the number of midpoints you?d like to see. The palette will generate a palette that contains the colors you input as well as the requested number of midpoint colors, and the hexadecimal values of those colors.
Daily Colour Scheme
This site sports a shiny new web 3.0 look, and is still beta. So far it`s collected 14 color themes, but they are worth checking