Are Unlimited Reseller Hosting Plans Unlimited?
Entrepreneurs are lining up to launch web-based businesses, creating a demand for website hosting that continues a meteoric rise. Reseller hosting is popular among developers and other technically savvy individuals to add cash flow to their businesses.
Many resellers hosting plans claim to be unlimited but hidden in the fine print, and you will find that many have limits of some forms. Some limits, though hard to find in the plan, are quite restrictive.
Unlimited Reseller Hosting Plans: What is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller hosting allows you to purchase a hosting plan, then sell hosting to others. You will effectively be running your own web hosting company while buying the space on the server from another hosting provider.
Some developers buy unmanaged virtual private hosting, then divide their allotted bandwidth and hard drive space to host websites, usually managed, on behalf of third parties. Reseller hosting works best for those who will be managing ten sites or more.
Web designers and developers can configure the space and sell it as a premium managed-to-host service, enlarging their footprint in the industry. Premium managed to host is also a popular value add-on provided to customers. Some businesses offer reseller hosting to offset the price of their hosting, by configuring excess bandwidth and selling it at a premium.
Whatever your reasons for considering reseller hosting, it is a viable means of expanding the services offered and increasing cash flow for businesses. It’s worth noting that reseller hosting is a viable business idea within itself. But the question remains…How to start a reseller hosting business?
Resource: Reseller Hosting
For an easy-to-understand plan without mystery pricing, you might want to look at https://www.greengeeks.com/reseller-hosting. GreenGeeks offers several reseller hosting plans with straightforward pricing.
If you plan to be a reseller, what should you look for in your hosting plan? To successfully operate as a hosting reseller, you need a hosting plan that offers clear-cut reseller plan options, with no surprise fees or unreasonable limits.
The more disk space you have, the more profit you can make. If you have the technical skill to divide up your hosting space for one client, it rarely takes more effort to divide it up for numerous clients.
Whether you are starting a small business as a hosting reseller, or adding it to your existing business model, you want the lowest overhead to provide the best profit margin.
Inexpensive hosting only saves you money if it is reliable, scalable, and allows you to offer your clients dependable quality. The most crucial things you should look for when considering a reseller hosting plan include:
- Pay attention to disk space and bandwidth limits, and the ease of scalability. The needs of your clients’ will change as their businesses grow, so it is important that your hosting environment can handle the needs of your business in the future.
- Look for a plan that offers unlimited solid-state drive (SSD) storage, so that you never have to worry about running out of storage space. Check the fine print on your plan to make ensure that the advertised “unlimited” SSD storage does not have a cap of some type. If there is a cap, it might still be more than the amount of storage you could ever need, but you want to know what you are getting for your money.
- A fast website loading time is crucial. In today’s world of online sales and marketing, consumers have little patience for slow-loading websites.
- cPanel is a valuable dashboard tool for end-users, and the best reseller hosting sites provide a limited number of these with each package.
Resource: More info on cPanel
For more information on cPanel and its wide usage, you can look here: https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-cpanel/
- Unlimited bandwidth—bandwidth refers to the amount of data that can pass to and from a website. Hosting plans often offer unlimited bandwidth, but make sure there isn’t a clause that allows them to throttle the site if specific bandwidth amounts are exceeded.
- Look for their guaranteed uptime and make sure you are choosing a host that offers uptime over 99.5%. If you are reselling hosting, customers will be displeased with any downtime on their sites. Choose a hosting plan that offers guaranteed uptime to protect your reputation as a hosting provider.
- Customer service is a key feature in hosting, and if there are problems or questions, you want to know you can get a response from customer service quickly. Please read the reviews of reseller hosting providers to find out what others are saying about their experience with customer service. Web hosting providers will all assure you they have fantastic customer service, but it is essential to know what those who use the service have to say.
- Look for a money-back guarantee that isn’t full of loopholes, or unnecessary complications. The opportunity to try a reseller hosting plan for thirty days gives you sufficient time to determine if the plan works as desired.