You Can Listen to This Article Here
Glass Jar Business: Ways to Make Money Online Using Glass Jars
Did you know that you can make money from crafting glass jars? Glass jars have multiple uses at home, from storing foods to making decors.
They can help keep your home organized or improve your home decor. Because they are useful, having them as your business product is a wonderful marketing strategy.
With unique craft ideas you can use for glass jars, you have a good chance of getting your target returns.
In this article, we will give you effective ideas to sell glass jars online and dig into a glass jar business. These craft ideas are easy to make and cost-effective. Your dedication and time are key to create and finish them smoothly.
So, to know how you can DIY glass jars and start your glass jar business, here is the list:
1. Soap Pump Jar
Soap pumps can look stylish in the kitchen and bathroom.
So, why not take this idea and make soap pumps from glass jars? Follow these steps for this DIY:
- Secure your materials: the jar, pump, glue, drill, and masking tape.
- Mark the center of the lid and drill it. Slowly do the drilling until it fits the pump straw.
- Run a line of glue around the pump’s closure to stick it to the lid. Use masking tape to hold it in place until the glue dries.
- Trim the straw of the pump to fit the length of the jar. That’s it!
2. Terrarium Jar
For people looking for a unique gift, a terrarium jar is a great option. What is interesting about this idea is you can get the materials at home.
You only need the jar, rocks, soil, and plant cutting.
- Fill the glass jar with small rocks. This serves as a drainage for the roots to stay healthy.
- Fill the jar with soil.
- Place a plant cutting in the soil. Herbs are great for this.
- Sprinkle some amount of water on the terrarium jar and you are done.
3. Rainbow Treats in a Jar
For parents looking for something sweet to give to their children, this DIY is perfect! In the kids’ eyes, rainbow treats can already give them happiness.
To make this, you only need a few things: a large jar, candies, ribbon, and marshmallows.
- Fill the jar with rainbow-colored candies. Arrange the colors in layers.
- Top the candies with marshmallows.
- Close the jar with the lid once filled.
- Tie a ribbon around the jar’s neck.
4. Sweet Body Scrub in a Jar
Homemade body scrubs are wonderful gifts your prospects can give to their friends.
You can even spare some for your own use. To make this sweet body scrub, you need these:
- A glass jar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Follows these steps to create this DIY:
- Start by mixing sugar and oil in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well until it does not feel too oily.
- Fill the jar with the mixture and cover it with the lid tightly.
- You can even tie a ribbon around the jar’s neck or decorate it as desired.
Note: The shelf-life of the scrub is not that long. So, advise buyers to use it within two months.
5. Painted Vase Jar
Glass jars can become beautiful vases at home. You only need to choose the color of the paint that complements your interior decor.
We recommend using acrylic paint as it works well on glass. However, you need to have several coats to get the best look.
The steps for this DIY are extremely simple:
- Use a brush to paint the jar.
- Start at the top going down the bottom of the jar.
- Make sure to coat the whole outside surface of the jar.
- Leave it to dry once done.
If you know how to paint art, then you can design the jar.
6. Floral Glass Jar
Doing this DIY may take you more time, but it is worth the effort. You need these materials to make the floral jar:
- A jar
- Floral fabric
- A pair of scissors
Follow these steps to create this idea:
- To start, cut the fabric in strips, 1/2-1-inch wide each.
- Mix glue and some water in the cup.
- Apply glue to a strip using the brush.
- Stick the strip to the inside of the jar. Smoothen the fabric in the jar using the brush.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you see no gaps.
- Leave it to dry.
The floral design of the fabric will do the work for the design. So, use floral designs in different colors.
Glass Jar Business: What to Do After Creating Your Products
Marketing what you sell online is the next big step after you have your products ready.
Not to mention that you also have to know the price for each item. So, advertise your products step by step.
1. Know the Price for Your Products
First, set a price for each product. To know how much the right price is, perform some costing.
List down the materials you used along with the total spending.
Knowing how much you spent will give you the right estimate for each product’s price.
2. Take Pictures of Your Products
You need photos for your products because you will need to display them online.
Make sure to capture enticing angles to attract your prospects.
3. Use Social Media to Advertise Your Glass Jars
Start small in marketing your business. Use what you have to advertise your products.
Display the products on your social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Once you have more budget for your online business, create a website for it.
4. Offer Promos
To make your business more attractive, you can offer your followers a discount. Say, if their purchase reaches a certain amount, they will get a freebie from you.
You can also set a discounted price for your items for the first week of launch.
5. Be More Responsive to Prospects
You will get direct messages or comments from your followers when you post your products. Make sure to respond to them as soon as you can.
Being responsive is a great factor in setting a wonderful customer experience.
Make Money Online Using Glass Jars: Conclusion
Starting an online business with glass jars is a fantastic idea because they are a low cost.
For your business, consider these clear glass jars with lids as they offer great quality.
They are primarily for storing foods and beauty products, but you can use them for other purposes as well.
By creating more ideas for your glass jar business and you are best placed to make more money from your home!