You Can Listen to This Article Here
15 Top Marketing Trends For 2021
When it comes to marketing your business there are so many options, likely, you’ve already got a great campaign in place, but that doesn’t mean that there’s no room for improvement. To help you to refresh your marketing strategies check out these top fifteen marketing trends.
Working with nano-influencers is a great way to increase engagement rates and boost your brand power. According to Forbes, ‘These influencers are generally defined as content creators with a social media platform following below 10,000;
their smaller size means their audiences tend to be more active and loyal, and their recommendations are perceived as more genuine.’ There are several advantages of collaborating with nano-influencers, including:
- These influencers have higher engagement rates;
- Audiences tend to trust nano-influencers;
- Inexpensive to work with;
- Nano-influencer collaborations can help you to remain competitive.
Top Marketing Trends 2021: Use Stories To Stand Out
Research from 99 Firms discovered that ‘In the US, 96% of marketers plan on using Stories shortly.’ Using Instagram Storie’s businesses can improve their brand visibility and get more leads. There are several ways that brands can use Stories, including:
- Ask for feedback on products and services;
- Repurpose blog content;
- Draw attention to your new posts;
- Use polls or quizzes.
Video content has been a huge trend in the marketing world for some time now. There are plenty of benefits to producing video content. You can widen your reach, tell your brand story, and build a relationship with your audience.
From animations to tutorials, traditional ads, or behind the scenes videos there are plenty of different ways to produce video content. You’ll need to find a great video production company, to help you create a successful video marketing campaign.
According to Hubspot, ‘99% of marketers say personalization helps advance customer relationships, with 78% claiming it has a“strong” or “extremely strong” impact.’
Personalized marketing campaigns can help your brand to increase engagement and improve your user targeting, there are many ways that you can deliver personalized marketing campaigns, including:
- Collect plenty of data on your existing and potential customers;
- Design detailed buyer personas;
- Send personalized emails;
- Offer personalized product recommendations.
User-Generated Content refers to content that’s created by web users instead of brands. People will often create their own content about the products and services that they use whether it’s videos, images, or text. There are lots of benefits of using UGC to promote your brand:
- According to TintUp, ‘When users create and share content on social media channels, they get 28% higher engagement compared to standard company posts.’
- Audiences trust content created by people more than they trust traditional advertising.
- User-Generated Content is a cheap way to improve your marketing efforts.
Live events are an excellent way to support your marketing strategies, when you put on a live marketing event you can access the following advantages:
- Live events can help you to generate awareness and gain exposure for your brand;
- With the help of life events, you can interact with your audiences;
- Can help you to widen your reach and drive revenue.
Combine digital & in-person experiences
Many consumers prefer online shopping, to entice consumers to visit you in-store and try offering special experiences. Create special areas where customers can take selfies for their social media, use pop-up booths for extra value.
When you combine aspects of digital shopping and in-person shopping you can offer your customers an extra special experience. There are several other ways that you can enhance the in-store shopping experience:
- Use self-service and mobile payment options for a streamlined experience;
- Host special in-store events, for example, workshops or classes.
Implement Social Commerce
Social commerce means that customers can purchase products on social media, without ever needing to leave the app. Social shopping is incredibly popular, when you implement social commerce you’ll soon improve your marketing strategy. Brands that use social commerce and access the following benefits:
- Social commerce can help you to increase brand awareness;
- Social shopping makes it simple to target the right consumers;
- You can use social commerce to enhance your ROI;
- With the help of social commerce, the customer journey is far easier.
Collaborate With The Customers
Collaborating with the customers can help you to improve your products and market your business. It’s useful to use consumer collaboration during the different stages of the product life cycle. Working with customers can help you to boost the success of your services and products, and keep your target audience happy. When customers feel a part of the process this can help you to create a sense of community. To start collaborating with your customers, consider the following strategies:
- Carry out detailed target market research and improve your buyer personas;
- Use surveys to get feedback about your products;
- Collect and use UGC content to improve your social media efforts.
The unboxing experience is incredibly important, when done right you can use the experience to improve your appeal. When your customers receive their products they should feel as though they are unwrapping an exciting gift.
You can achieve this by using eye-catching packaging, cool artwork, great presentation, and perhaps a few surprises. There are so many ways that a great unboxing experience can enhance your marketing campaigns:
- Influencers and your target audience may post the unboxing experience online;
- Businesses can use the experience to tell their brand story;
- You can use the experience to drive loyalty and improve the customer experience;
- A strong unboxing experience can help you to remain competitive.
Marketing Trends for 2021: Optimize For Voice & Image
Businesses need to optimize their content if they want to get seen online. This year, image and voice searches are becoming more popular, so you’ll need to ensure that your content is optimized for these kinds of searches.
Equally, businesses must ensure that they create content to respond to all types of search intent. There are four types of search intent including informational, navigational, transactional, and commercial investigation. Your website visitors will be at different stages in the product life cycle, which is why search intent is so important.
This year lots of brands are using VR to take their marketing campaigns to the next level. If you’d like a little inspiration check out these VR marketing examples:
- Lowe’s: Holoroom How To: Lowe stores feature ‘virtual skills training clinics’ to teach customers home-improvement skills, (Hubspot 2021).
- Adidas: Back in 2017 Adidas teamed up with a tech marketing business, creating a VR experience to follow the journey of two pro mountain climbers.
- Toms Shoes: The Toms Shoe brand is well known for philanthropy, each time someone buys a pair of shoes they donate a pair to a child who needs them. The company created a special VR experience that takes the audience on a trip to Peru, (to experience the charitable campaign).
Marketing Trends for 2021: Chatbots
If you want to improve your marketing campaigns, try using Chatbots on your website. It’s normal for your site visitors to have queries, and many consumers find it inconvenient to call on the phone. Chatbots can be programmed to answer a large number of queries, and there are lots of benefits to using them on your site:
- Chatbots can boost conversion rates;
- These can be asked to gather feedback;
- An inexpensive way to improve your site;
- Can ease the pressure on your employees;
- Automation speeds up your operations and boosts efficiency.
In 2021, businesses are collecting more data than ever before. With the help of marketing analytics businesses can see where they are succeeding, and which areas need a little more attention. Heat mapping tools can be useful to gather website analytics. With the help of these tools, you can study customer behavior, using patterns to make improvements.
A few of the most popular heat mapping tools include Crazy Egg, HotJar, and Lucky Orange. Data tools like these can help you to take your marketing campaigns to the next level. To get more insights, consider asking your customers to provide feedback.
Marketing Trends for 2021: Educational Content
If you want to widen your reach it’s important to offer educational content. Your visitors will have lots of questions about your industry and products, using blogs and videos you can answer these questions in a fun and engaging way. When you’re creating educational content here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Research your competitors to ensure that your content stands out;
- Ensure that you create consistent content across all your channels;
- All content needs to be SEO optimized to attract users to your site;
- Your content should help you to represent your brand as an authoritative figure within the industry;
- Professional content will help you to improve your brand reputation.
With so many trends to explore it certainly is an exciting year for marketing. Using these fifteen trends you can create a campaign to boost the success of your company.