You Can Listen to This Article Here
How Green Teas Can Help with IBS Symptoms
Irritable Bowel Syndrome is an annoying digestive discomfort that mostly results from metabolic upsets, like constipation and indigestion. Though generally labeled as causal and temporary distress, IBS can well have a serious impact if not properly attended to.
While there are medical solutions to the issue, home remedies generally have an upper hand. Green tea and its variants are quite helpful in providing immediate relief from the ailment.
How Green Teas Can Help With IBS Symptoms: Positives of Green Tea Towards IBS
Though there is not much evidence of medical investigation regarding the benefits of green tea in curing Irritable Bowel Syndrome, there are a diversity of cases that report a positive result of consuming the beverage in concern of IBS. Let us look through the credibility of the same in the following section:
- Anti-inflammatory Properties – Green tea is known to possess anti-inflammatory characteristics that work to cool down the digestive upset to a considerable level, thus relaxing your gut and limiting the IBS symptoms to cause further disapprovements. It is advisable to consume the beverage in a hot or lukewarm condition to get the quickest and most effective results.
- Laxative Characteristics – Caffeine, an important constituent of green tea, has a laxative effect on your digestive system, and hence promotes easing out of the bowel movements. This, in turn, causes the metabolic activities to become regularized and release the indigestive pressure on your physiological system and gives you relief from the irritating IBS.
- Relieves Constipation – Constipation-induced IBS results in restricted and irregular bowel movements, making your stools hard and difficult to pass. A reliable remedy in this regard is an increased fluid intake, that hydrates your body and puts down constipation. Green tea possesses diuretic properties and is counted among the most immediate relievers of constipation and IBS.
Talking of consumption methods, you can consume green tea either as a homemade beverage or through over-the-counter medical supplements and extracts. While each one has its distinctive benefits, the ultimate cause is to cut down on the IBS annoyance with immediate effect. The important part is to pick a premium green tea brand that offers a high-quality product. This way, both homemade and over-the-counter solutions will help you with IBS.
- Beverage Consumption – Consuming the latter as a beverage keeps your body hydrated and brings the gut pressure to a halt. The drink further reaches your system in its natural form and with all the extracts intact for a quick and long-term effect.
- Green Tea Extracts and Supplements – If you wish to refrain from consuming the beverage repetitively, you can alternate the same with green tea extracts that are packaged into powders and supplements. When picking one for yourself, pay attention to the latter’s caffeine content. It should also be noted that these non-fluid versions of green tea are known to have a reduced effect on constipation-induced IBS.
- Time Constraints for Consuming Green Tea – You should normally prefer a green tea intake of 2 servings within 24 hours. It is advisable to schedule one in the morning and the other in the evening. Supplement this with drinking ample quantities of water throughout the day to keep releasing wastes and toxins from your body.
Green tea is quite advantageous in relieving IBS symptoms on account of its diuretic and gut relaxing properties. You should, however, pay attention to the time and consumption pattern of the beverage for maximum effects.