You Can Listen to This Article Here
Can Massage Help Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are one of the most widespread disorders around the world. It is called a civilization disease and might be developed even in 30-year-olds. What should we do to find an unfortunate spider on our leg?
Visiting a hospital could be a correct recommendation regarding everything related to health issues. However, after discovering varicose veins symptoms, most do not hurry to a doctor for a complete examination.
Not admitting all seriousness, people frequently look for more accessible, non-surgical ways to treat it, like wearing elastic stockings, changing standing and sitting, or massaging the affected area. These methods might help decrease pain and serve as prevention, but the last one should be used with extra precaution.
To learn more about massage, you may attend https://massageforbody.com/. The blog’s authors share their experiences and answer all questions concerning massagers for pain relief in your body.
What Are Varicose Veins?
This pathology appears as a result of dysfunction of venous valves. In this condition, blood accumulates instead of circulating, veins expand, become tortuous and swollen, their walls are thinned, painful bulging nodules appear, and the color of skin changes.
Ultimately, there could lead to vein deformation, ulceration, bleeding, and thrombosis with no timely therapy. You can find varicose veins on the legs, perineum, rectum, vulva, and esophagus. We will review how to soothe pain in varicose veins on the legs.
Massage therapy, provoking blood circulation, looks like a pretty appropriate method to get rid of varicose veins. But it is a myth. For now, the proper and effective treatments for this disease are sclerotherapy, laser therapy, and surgical intervention. \Massage can not eliminate chronic venous insufficiency, the primary reason for varicose veins.
However, it does not mean you should forget about this relaxing procedure. In some cases, massage can help you feel better, decreasing swelling and discomfort in the short term.
A correctly performed massage eliminates stagnation phenomena and has a relaxing effect. Some massage techniques might ease your suffering from varicose veins:
- Classical leg massage increases blood circulation and reduces the feeling of tiredness on the legs.
- Lymphatic drainage might speed up lymph and blood flow and create conditions for venous tissue to nourish. The same effect may provide circulatory massage. These techniques can contribute to normalizing the healing process of the bruising near the affected area.
- Myofascial release might be used at the edge of venous ulceration. Thanks to that, a masseur may try to soften solidified zones allowing the skin and underlying tissue to move freely.
- Connective tissue manipulation is concentrated on the superficial fascia, from muscles to nerves, under the skin around the body. Such a type of massage therapy, known as Bindegewebsmassage, consisting of light strokes on connective tissue, helps improve peripheral blood circulation and boost the recovery of injured tissue.
- Foot massage has a stimulating effect on the muscles of the legs and the whole body. During a procedure, your general fatigue disappears, blood circulation improves, and swelling reduces. This technique almost does not have contra-indication and might be carried out independently after medical consultation.
How to Perform Massage for Varicose Veins
A phlebologist might prescribe gentle massage therapy with varicose veins in the first stages of the disease to soothe pain syndrome. A professional massage therapist must perform it with sufficient experience in this field.
When a person has broken skin, swellings, or ulceration, massage over varicose veins must not be performed in the stages. Affected vein walls are thin and weakened; intensive pressure might damage them and cause rupturing veins and bleeding.
The main rules massage for varicose veins:
- Massage slowly, calmly, with smooth movements;
- Move from the bottom to up — from the foot to the groin;
- Rotate rubbing and kneading with stroking techniques;
- If varicose veins damage one leg, start massage from a healthy one;
- Do not allow intermittent movements, strong knocks, and sharp presses;
- Do not use products with substances that increase the local temperature.
Massage can not always be performed with varicose veins. Among contraindications to massage therapy are
- Complicated, progressing varicose veins;
- Thrombophlebitis or thrombosis;
- Decompensated cardiovascular insufficiency;
- Febrile condition;
- Skin diseases;
- Oncological pathologies;
- Infectious diseases.
Often varicose veins with no pain syndrome are considered a cosmetic problem, but it is a medical issue connected to other disorders. Nowadays, many might be vulnerable to this illness, so paying attention to preventing varicose veins is best.
Recommendations include keeping your weight within the normal range, physical activity, avoiding prolonged standing, wearing compression stockings, and general massage, which positively affects the whole body, making all its systems function harmoniously.
Practicing massage to help with varicose veins, you should realize that it can not treat the disorder but might have an analgesic effect for some time and speed up blood circulation on surrounding tissues.