How to Become a Teenage Influencer and Make Money Online
Like many other social media channels, teenage girls love TikTok and Instagram. According to a study by Piper Jaffray, Instagram was a preferred social media platform for 85% of teens.
The Instagram algorithm works in a way that recommends similar content to users who watch a specific type of video. For instance, if you watch a 2-minute video on DIY tutorials, your feed might occasionally display such content in the upcoming months.
Among the other popular platforms is OnlyFans. Influencers, especially teens, love the platform due to the freedom and flexibility it provides to its content creators. We’ll talk about this later in this article.
These are some simple ways a teenager can make money online and become an influencer. Check them out and see whether you have the skills and desire to become one!
How to Become a Teenage Influencer: Create an OnlyFans Account
OnlyFans is a social media platform at its highest peak these last few years. Many teens today plan on skipping graduation and creating a profile on this platform once they turn 18. We can’t deny that it’s quite a lucrative work-from-home opportunity that brings a lot of money. However, there might be some drawbacks if the safety and privacy requirements are not met.
Because many teens spend a lot of time online, they are deeply influenced by the content they consume daily. These teens have been seduced by the idea of monetizing their creativity and earning from their looks, talents, and skills.
Check out the best 18-year-old OnlyFans models to get insight and inspiration from the content they create.
Nevertheless, if you create an OF account, remember that your content doesn’t have to be pornographic or include any explicit pictures. You can create a cooking channel, share your life as a teen, show other teens how it’s been high school life for you, etc. Choose your niche and stick to it!
Another way of becoming an influencer and earning money on social media is by becoming an Instagram influencer. An Instagram influencer has a large following on this channel and has built an engaged community.
There are various categories in the influencer marketing industry that divides the influencers into:
- Nano influencers – with less than 10,000 followers;
- Micro-influencers – between 10,000 and 100,000 followers;
- Macro influencers – from 100,000 to 1 million followers;
- Mega influencers – over 1 million followers;
Since the influencer economy is only showing signs of rising, the market has grown to $13.8 billion in 2021. If you’re starting your career on Instagram, it’s recommended that you check out the following tips.
- Make sure to pick your niche and define the type of content you’ll post online. Having a clear idea about the content will make it easier for you to narrow down the target audience and get your place on Instagram;
- Familiarize yourself with the common terminology on Instagram since different platforms have different keywords and terms;
- Think about your biggest passions and how you want to showcase the type of content you’ll create for your fans;
- Optimize the Instagram biography since it’s a crucial step into making the account more discoverable and earning a larger following;
- You can consider switching to a creator account to be able to create Instagram reels and increase visibility;
- Since reels are more likely to earn you organic traffic and boost your brand awareness, make sure to utilize the feature for your benefit;
- Create quality content – in terms of technicality (dimensions, resolution, high-quality shots, etc.) and terms of originality. Followers will follow your account and like your content if it’s something that resonates with them or something they find entertaining;
Copyright: Solen Feyissa on Unsplash I License: CC0 Public Domain
The TikTok community has seen its peak in this last year, with more than 1 billion monthly active users. TikTok is a video-based social media platform that creates a safe space for influencers, celebrities, etc., to create and share their content in short videos. The app origin’s China, and ever since its creation in 2018 has attracted a lot of users.
TikTok influencers share their content on the platform and earn from their creativity. However, to become successful on the platform, you need to be aware of certain steps:
- First, you need to find and isolate your area of interest, i.e., choose your niche like on any other social media platform;
- Create unique content to keep your fans entertained;
- Analyze the competitors and come up with strategies to increase your following;
- Engage with your audience;
- Organize giveaways and “ask me anything” events;
How to Become a Teenage Influencer: Have Fun
When engaging with your fans and living online, the most important thing is having fun! Make your time on these platforms enjoyable and entertaining; the money will come anyway!