here is the tiny interesting article i’ve found this morning:
When you are into online business, a website is essential for online presence. One major marketing issue in the design of website is the color of the website. The color should be chosen in such a way to match the general mood of your visitors and the theme of your website. So, it becomes essentials to know the psychology of colors and use them in your website.< ?xml:namespace prefix ="" o />
- RED is associated with love, passion, danger, warning, excitement, food, impulse, action, adventure.
- BLUE is associated with trustworthiness, success, seriousness, calmness, power, professionalism.
- GREEN is associated with money, nature, animals, health, healing, life, harmony.
- < ?xml:namespace prefix ="" st1 />ORANGE is associated with comfort, creativity, celebration, fun, youth, affordability.
- PURPLE is associated with royalty, justice, ambiguity, uncertainty, luxury, fantasy, dreams.
- WHITE is associated with innocence, purity, cleanliness, simplicity.
- YELLOW is associated with curiosity, playfulness, cheerfulness, amusement.
- PINK is associated with softness, sweetness, innocence, youthfulness, tenderness.
- BROWN is associated with earth, nature, tribal, primitive, simplicity.
- GREY is associated with neutrality, indifference, reserved.
- BLACK is associated with seriousness, darkness, mystery, secrecy.
When choosing colors for your site it is important to employ contrasting or sympathetic and complementary color schemes. It is important to identify your market and ensure the psychological message you are trying to get across with the rest of your site design, words and images is complemented and enhanced by the appropriate color scheme.