Biometric Clocking In Systems Are On The Rise
A biometric clocking system is a system for recording time and attendance for employees in an organization. The biometric time system was started by an expert in biometric time named Will Haran. It involves a technological device that has an integrated time and attendance software. The system is placed at any convenient place within the organization where each employee can access with ease.
This biometric time device requires the figure print of an employee to recognize the person and record time. It is a time system used by organizations to record employees working time. The system captures the arrival and departure time for employees and therefore, can accurately calculate and report the work hours for each employee. It also gives information on the overtime hours, holidays, and sick leave time for the staff in an organization.
The biometric time system is used by many organizations across the world. Different organizations use the system for different purposes such as; to ensure timekeeping, to ease the work of human resources and to generate a report for the payroll. The system has many advantages such as increasing productivity, increasing return on investment and saving cost. It is also easy to use and efficient compared to the manual time system. The biometric clocking system is on the rise as it has many benefits to any organization.
The Biometric Clocking System is Easy to Use
Biometric Clocking In Systems: notably, the biometric clocking system is on the rise because it is easy to use compared to the manual time system.
- The manual system involves the physical recording of the employees’ time and attendance. In the manual system, the human resource department would on a daily basis record the attendance, arrival, and departure time for the employees and then manually calculate the total working hours, overtime, and employee absent days. Therefore, the manual system would require extra time from the human resource and consequently tiresome.
- It would also need mathematical knowledge and accuracy for the person to calculate the data indicated in the books making it difficult. However, the biometric clocking in the system does not require time from the human resources as the system involves a device where employees are required to place the figure only, and the information is recorded.
- The biometric clocking system is also easy to use since no mathematical skill is needed; the system automatically calculates and generates the report. The system can automatically update changes and corrections, making it extremely easy to use, unlike the manual system which requires more effort.
- The manual system would require redoing the whole work in case of a change or correction. With the biometric clocking system, no paperwork is necessary since all the data is stored in the device and this ease the human resource work and the information retrieval process. The manual time systems require a lot of effort from the human resource to store the numerous files and retrieving information.
The Accuracy of the Biometric System
The reason that has led to the rise in the biometric clocking system is its accuracy. In comparison to the manual time system, the biometric system is more accurate.
- The biometric system involves a technological device that can input data on its own and therefore, making the input data free from error.
- The system also calculates the collected data using advanced mathematical software that generates accurate information on the employee’s time.
- Nevertheless, the manual system involves people who are susceptible to making a mistake like indicating wrong information and forgetting to record information making the data generated wrong. Also, people can easily make calculation mistakes since calculation requires concentration and knowledge and unlike a machine, some people lack that.
- Lastly, the biometric time system information is accurate as compared to the manual system as the system automatically updates change and correction, unlike the manual one which requires physical recording which could be easily forgotten.
Benefits of the Biometric Clocking In Systems
These are the enormous benefits of the biometric clocking system, which have promoted to the rise of it.
- The first benefit is; it safeguards information. All information is recorded in one device which has a backup system, making the information secure from loss since it cannot be misplaced and destroyed. Contrary to the manual time system information that can easily be lost or destroyed since it involves the physical storage of data.
- The biometric time system ensures information privacy. The system is built to only store time and attendance information regarding employees and therefore free from the risk of privacy breaches since no sensitive information is stored. Also, the biometric time system has features like a password that prevent unauthorized people from access the information from the system.
- Increasing productivity is the other benefit of the biometric time system. The system can eliminate time wastage that exists in the manual time system and therefore redirecting more effort to productive sectors and hence increasing production. The system provides the payroll scheme with the necessary information to properly run organizations’ operations and thus leading to increased production. The presence of the system facilitates in keeping employees in check which led to increased production.
- The additional benefit of the system is; it provides accountability. The system provides accurate information on the performance of the employees which motivates them to be ethical and therefore promoting accountability. The biometric system also provides accountability by facilitating auditing by giving a trace on the point of sale transactions for companies.
- The other benefit that promotes a rise in the system is; it prevents theft of time by employees. The system can accurately indicate the working hours for each employee. Therefore, the organization can identify employees who come to work late and skip work. The biometric makes employee management easy since the organization can recognize the strengths and weaknesses of various employees.
- Lastly, a biometric clocking system increases the return on investment of an organization by eliminating time wastage, cost, time theft and promoting payroll management.
In conclusion, the biometric clocking system is the time and attendance recording system that is used by organizations to generate information on overtime, working hours and sick leave time. The system involves a device with integrated time and attendance software. It is used by organizations for various reasons such as employee and payroll management. The primary reason biometric time system is on the rise because of its benefits.
The biometric time system benefits include; increasing production, prevention of time theft, increasing the return on investment, accountability and safeguarding information. Compared to the manual time system, the biometric clocking system is the best on the market today, when it comes to accuracy and eliminating errors.