You Can Listen to This Article Here
Consider Targeting When Designing Display Advertising on Google Ads
If you want to get in front of your target audience when they are browsing online doing some shopping, searching or even watching videos – then a Google Display Ad is the way to go with your digital marketing campaign.
But the trick is to get your Display Ad in front of the right audience so that it is relative to them.
This form of digital marketing is a big part of paid-per-click (PPC) advertising and offers countless opportunities to the advertiser to generate more traffic to their website.
This platform allows users to promote their products and is a great lead generation tool.
As with all forms of digital marketing its wise to complete a social media marketing course which covers this topic, amongst others, in detail.
With digital marketing trends forever changing it’s important to stay ahead and up to date with all the latest insight.
Display Ad overview
Display ads are a part of the Google Display Network, and this form of digital marketing can allow your brand to reach millions of potential customer while they are online.
This network continues to grow and can reach up to ninety percent of users on the internet – that’s a pretty significant number.
A Display Ad on Google easily catches users’ attention when they’re online and is therefore obviously a very effective in generating more traffic to your website.
However, despite the many bonuses of using Display Ads on Google, it is crucial that your ad cuts through all the constant clutter and noise on the web.
Always keep in mind, digital advertising is not only about the number of people you ‘reach,’ this is useless unless there is engagement and ultimately click-throughs to your website.
However, the great design and visually pleasing imagery go a long way to generating those all-important clicks.
Is Google Display Ads the right space for my digital advertising?
Targeting the right people at the right time is so essential when advertising on Google Ads. Most online advertisers are turning to Display Ads more and more.
The added benefit of being able to target your potential audience is a massive bonus and with the use of carefully selected keywords, the returns on using this form of advertising will more often than not yield surprising results.
With a Display Ad, you can target people who are looking for a similar product but have not come across your product yet as well as targeting people who have clicked through to your website but left without taking any action.
They say a picture says a thousand words and when it comes to digital marketing it is no different. Display Ads are there to have a visible effect on the viewer through images or video.
So, to get the most out of using this modern communication and advertising tool, creativity is vital. You’re your Display Ad has to be visually eye-catching, whether your Display Ad is image-based or a short video.
There are many design templates and tools available to help you showcase your brand through Display Ads on Google, which will help get you started and to get noticed when promoting your brand on digital marketing channels.
Here are a few tips for designing an eye-catching Display Ad
- Catchy headline – A Display Ad headline has to be appealing, stand out and easy to read. A well-written headline can make all the difference when it comes to getting the user to want to learn more about your product.
- Stand out – Many Display Ads are often overlooked, so to avoid this get creative and even cheeky with your Display Ad.
- Get to the point – This is precious limited space with Display Ads, and also limited time, as users tend to move very quickly onto the next Ad that they come across.
- Get to the point with any text and ensure that your ad is as uncluttered as possible.
- Choose your size – The decision to choose multiple formats for your Display Ad depends on your budget, but it’s always a good idea to create various sizes of your ad.
- Not only does this approach add to your ad’s visibility, therefore increase your click-through rate.
- Call to action – Never leave your Display Ad without a clear and concise call-to-action.