You Can Listen to This Article Here
Finding out How Do Electronic Dog Doors Work?
Is there anything cuter than seeing your furry family member running at you in full flight, slob flying everywhere as his tongue flops from side to side in slow motion and you wait with open arms?
Then he leaps like an Olympian and smothers you in an indescribable, never-ending love, the kind we read about in novels and see in movie scenes.
And you know what?
We would not change it for anything in the world. Well, we could pause it for a good bit of cake if it was going.
My friend, who in our biased opinion having had her puppy grow up with my children, has the best dog on the planet.
He is great with kids, obedient like a soldier, and seems to understand every word or instruction being given to him as if he was a human trapped in a cute puppy body.
We all have our favorites I’m not going to lie, and everyone thinks their dog is the best, and to be honest, they probably are, for you.
Suited to your personality like white to rice.
Coming from a social society and being in a hot country, we were always outdoors, till late or should I say early mornings.
It meant that when sunrise came we weren’t exactly up and at ‘em as they say to take pups out into the garden.
And this is why I now fully understand why the doggy door was created, and much to my delight, it’s been upgraded to electronic. Woohoo.
A simple chip pre-programming and your canine can come and go as if they own the place, and they usually do let’s be fair.
This also prevents unwanted ‘visitors’ into the home while you’re at work and you won’t come home to puddles in the lounge and hallway. Win-win.
Intrigued, but not sure where to start as there are so many suppliers claiming to give you the world.
Check out this handy guide and breakdown and find electronic dog doors here to see the varieties and the features each offer.
Soon you’ll have an independent pooch roaming the streets back in time for dinner, sounds like the teenager we all have at one stage in our parental lives.
5 Benefits of having an electronic doggy door
- With the added layers and paddings as well as the extra flap usually they are great insulators in keeping the home snug from the outside elements. No drafts or howling noises during the night, you could end up saving on the heating bill come month-end.
- As mentioned, with it being programmed to unlock at the recognition of the microchip in your dog you have increased security. Not only from creeps trying to crawl through a pet door into your home but from hungry neighbor pets looking for a snack. The last thing you want when you come home from work is to find a neighborhood party in your kitchen.
- Buddy might have had a long day chasing pigeons or the alley cat down the road and is taking his time strolling up the garden path, lifting each leg like a ton of bricks. This is also true when he is coming in through the doggy door, the electronic versions have a safe mode feature so there is no chance of the door squashing down on Buddy if he is taking those few extra seconds to come in.
For sure there are so many features, customizable options, and possibilities, so read up about them here https://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Electronic_Dog_Doors and be in the know when it comes to choosing the right model for your pet.
- This comes in pretty high on the reasons list of why owners opted to have an electronic door flap installed, no need to put your slippers and robe on to take him outside to do his business. He is now his own boss and walks the walk on his own.
- These significantly decrease. With Buddy not having to wait for you for him to use the bathroom saves not only your precious carpets and oak stained wood floors but his embarrassment of doing a task he grasped only a few months after being born. Give him his dignity, would you?
How do electronic dog doors work and what to look for when choosing a dog flap door
All new items have their competition on the shelves so do your homework on the pros and cons of the one you’re looking at.
Things like ease of installation, microchip access and controls, and most importantly the size of the panel.
Having a German-shepherd coming out the other side of the flap looking like a Daschund isn’t a good look.
Take care of the choice to learn how do electronic dog doors work.
Do your homework, and sit back and relax while Buddy explores the world without having to work around your schedule and glasses of well-deserved wine.