You Can Listen to This Article Here
All About Duty Boots
Shoes for the law enforcement or military field are ideal for work that puts a lot of stress on the feet. Whether you’re running cross-country in pursuit of a criminal, standing for hours at a crime scene, or participating in patrols or other tactical assignments, these boots will be comfortable and protect against injury.
The Galls store consultants, who have been working in the field of police supply for many years, note that this type of shoe is in demand not only by cops but also by hunters, hikers, or any adventurers who want their feet to be completely protected.
They kindly shared with us the intricacies of choosing duty boots that protect you from injury, strengthen any foot, and can help you reach your full potential.
Types of Police Boots
Before dwelling on a particular model, you must figure out what types of police officer boots exist. There are several categories in the footwear market for law enforcement agencies:
- Police shoes. They are mainly designed for foot patrols. They’re lightweight and comfortable, and you will not get tired after many hours of walking through the city streets. However, they do not provide additional protection, support, or insulation over the foot.
- Police Boots. One of the most popular types of duty boots is that provide comfort and gives the foot stability, and supports the ankles when running, climbing, or kneeling. Depending on the height of the shaft, they provide additional flexibility and protection.
- Footwear for Special Operations. A narrow niche in officer boots is needed for a special type of mission. So, for riding a motorcycle, boots with an elongated top are produced; for cycling patrols, they use shoes with stiff soles, and for those whose work involves long walking and running, it is better to choose shoes with shock-absorbing soles and insoles.
- Police Dress Shoes. Necessary for solemn ceremonies or protection of a high-ranking guest. In such cases, you cannot do without classic black oxfords with a matte or glossy finish.
- Police Training Shoes. Special sports shoes that the police use for different types of training.
As you can see, there are many options for duty boots for police officers. Therefore, if you wonder, “Where to find tactical boots near me?” it is better to contact specialized stores, which, like the Galls online store, supply high-quality shoes for the needs of the military and police.
First, check whether the shoes you intend to wear to the service are regulated by certain standards or requirements. If you do not have to comply with the standards, you should decide which mode of use of these boots will prevail.
Next, determine the budget that you are willing to spend on the next pair of boots but do not try to save a lot. Cheap tactical shoes will collect dust in the closet, and you will need a new pair if, after a few shifts, you find that it is impossible to work in them.
After you understand the base from which you will build, think about the nuances:
- Choose boots with secure ankle support and a durable cuff to minimize stress on your feet when walking or running;
- Opt for shoes with good cushioning and breathable materials to avoid chafing your boots;
- Сhoose boots designed to work in a wet environment so as not to depend on weather conditions.
Special Features Used in Police Shoes
- When you need to be ready to go to work at a moment’s notice, it’s best to choose shoes with side zippers that you can put on and take off quickly without the hassle of lacing. Look for duty boots with rubber soles that provide good traction.
- For the cold season, it is worth considering purchasing insulated boots, for example, lined with Thinsulate, a synthetic microfiber that blocks the cold. You may also need shoes that can withstand very high temperatures.
- For extra toe protection on riot control missions or when working in prison, choose shoes with a reinforced toe — traditional steel or made of composite materials.
- Another essential thing to focus on when choosing tactical boots is their fit. Make sure your duty boots have enough space for the index finger and do not compress the foot. However, too loose shoes will cause discomfort. Keep your choice in the middle.
- Having bought new shoes, do not rush to put them on for a shift but give yourself time to get used to them. The materials used to make quality cop boots usually become softer after some time of wear and take on the foot’s shape. Make sure you wear quality socks that will give your boots a more comfortable fit. Choose thick socks with different zones for extra cushioning and moisture-wicking.
Finding the best police boots can be exhausting, but with our tips, you can quickly decide on the necessary characteristics of shoes and never worry about where you step on your duty. Invest in them wisely so you can forget the discomfort and focus on completing tasks.