- GD 2.0
- FTP Access to your hosting account
- Optional: EXIF
How to use
- Unzip, and upload to wordpress plugins folder;
- Go to WordPress Admin and activate plugin on Plugins page;
- Create somewhere on your hosting account gallery folder and upload images into it;
- In WordPress admin click Write->Import Images;
- Enter your Gallery full server path or relative path according to your WordPress root (example wp-content/galley/my-images), in this case you may leave URL empty (in relative path is used)
- Select desired thumbnail dimensions (or check `Skip resizing`) and click [Generate]. Then wait until plugin will generate thumbnails (if applicable);
- You will be redirected to edit page or post with all images embedded into your post, all you need is to set up Categories and titles for your post.
This is the easiest way to create galleries within WordPress without third party modules.
- v2.1 UPDATE: Added support attachments generation.
Now you may import images as attachments (bound to post/page) and re use them anywhere when ever you need them again. More resizing options added (no thumbnails).
Fixed post/page target selection.
- v1.3 UPDATE: Added support of EXIF tags (optional) and %url% – link to actual image to implement complex macros for external image processing.
- v1.2 UPDATE: Added error detection and path validation; Added support of WordPress 1.5. Also plugin will warn you if GD is not detected in your PHP;
- v1.1 UPDATE: Now you may specify image prepend and append texts (including XHTML tags) and use macros: %file% – replaced with filename, %width% and %height% (actual width and height of image).