Find Out The Best Of The Best Antivirus In 2020
What is an Antivirus?
An antivirus is a computer protection software designed to shield computers from the ever-present threats that come with the internet and retail software.
Antivirus software helps to protect your PC from getting infected or hijacked by hackers through the malicious programs they create and distribute to unsuspecting internet users.
Avast Antivirus: This antivirus software is popular all over the world. It has a free version that does a great job of protecting your PC.
Upgrading to the premium version has even more benefits like Avast VPN and Password Protection.
Is Avast vpn good? Well, millions of people using it. It also has a game mode that keeps you protected when playing games.
Avast is great for personal use and businesses as well.
Why is an Antivirus Needed?
It is not a hidden secret that the internet is rife with various forms of threats and prying eyes. Threats in the form of viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware, trojans and many more abound on the internet.
Many of these malicious codes are transmitted through various means; emails, music and video files, documents and software files.
Many unsuspecting users download files that contain these threats and get their PCs infected with viruses or hijacked by hackers and phishers who then use your computers and information for nefarious purposes.
Below are some of the reasons why everyone should use antivirus software:
- To avoid loss of data and files. Viruses are notorious for causing loss of data and files. Some viruses have been specifically designed to erase anything and everything on any computer they infect. Now imagine if you leave your work computer unprotected, what happens if it gets infected with a virus? This is one of the reasons why an antivirus is necessary for every computer.
- Online threats are unavoidable. It is just impossible to browse the internet without the risk of infection. Viruses come in all shapes, forms, and sizes. If you don’t encounter them through your email, they might be lurking around a pop-up ad that you might accidentally click on. There is always the risk of getting infiltrated online, that’s why a good antivirus is needed.
- To protect your information and privacy. A virus could hideaway on your PC and steal your information without your knowledge. You could also be the one giving out your information to the wrong person online if you don’t have an active antivirus on your computer.
Functions of a good Antivirus?
In order to ensure complete protection from all forms of threats both online and offline, getting a good antivirus software becomes necessary. The following are the vital functions a software must perform to be considered a good antivirus.
- Real-time Scanning
Antivirus must be able to scan new files in real-time. If not, your PC could get infected before you know and you might not be able to do anything to stop it.
Since antivirus programs are specifically designed to detect and kill off viruses and malware, this is an important must-have function for any such software. So, the software must offer real-time scanning to be considered a good antivirus.
- Protection against all types of Malware
A program must offer complete protection from all types of malware to be considered good software. Without this, it will expose your computer to certain types of risks that can still leave you unhappy at the end of the day.
These are just a few functions that a good antivirus program must-have. You can read more about it here.
There are other worthy antivirus programs like Bitdefender, BullGuard, AVG and so on, but the top rated antivirus in 2019 as chosen by experts is TotalAV.
What antivirus programs are the best for my PC?
There are a lot of antivirus programs; good ones out there that you can use to protect your computer from malware.
Some of the really great ones that offer complete protection for free include:
- Total AV: This is a really great antivirus that offers maximum protection for your computer on the free version. It is immensely useful for detecting and getting rid of viruses and malware. It also has a clean-up and system boost feature that helps you optimize your system and increase its performance. It has a premium version that offers even more features. It’s cheap and works with all the popular operating systems too.
- Avast Antivirus: This antivirus software is popular all over the world. It has a free version that does a great job of protecting your PC. Upgrading to the premium version has even more benefits like Avast VPN and Password Protection. It also has a game mode that keeps you protected when playing games. Avast is great for personal use and businesses as well.
- Norton: Norton isn’t a newbie software. It has existed for a pretty long time and it has a reputation for offering complete protection from malware and viruses alike. It has a firewall feature that is one of the best on the market. You also get great family safety features that ensure that your whole household is safe online.
- Kaspersky: If you’re looking for guaranteed protection from all forms of malware, Kaspersky Lab Antivirus is for you. It is very reliable and is really great for windows 10 and Mac OS. The software itself is light and takes little space on your computer.